VMware Cloud Community
diegoazevedo
Contributor
Contributor

Multiple issues with Usage Meter 3.4

Hi all,

We currently have Usage Meter 3.3.3 metering/reporting on 3 vCenter servers. As part of the update process I deployed the new version (3.4) and successfully imported the config from the old appliance. I am now facing a few issues with the new appliance, which for some reason can't get information from a VROPs appliance. The error is as follows, and happens hourly, as part of the ongoing collection.

Error collecting from vRealize Operations "vROPS IP address": com.vmware.ops.api.client.exceptions.BaseException: org.springframework.web.client.ResourceAccessException: I/O error on GET request for "https://IPaddress/suite-api/api/adapterkinds/VMWARE/resourcekinds/VirtualMachine/resources?page=0&pa...":sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target; nested exception is javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target.

On the web interface, this is the message showing at the top of the page: Error collecting from vCenter Operations Manager IP address: The host certificate doesn't match the certificate you accepted. Please edit the server on the Manage Page Products Tab.

Another issue with the new appliance is that, although customers and rules were imported, the filters used by the rules are not picking up any VMs. If I delete and create the rule again, it still comes back empty. Our rules are all based on Resource Pools, and use the following format:

object type: resource pool

value type: exact string

value: name of the resource pool

I deployed a fresh new appliance (as a test only) and the error with vROPs went away, but the rules are still not being populated correctly. Also, on the fresh new appliance, I can't setup SMTP. I will enter the smtp server and save it. A message at the top confirms all is fine. If I navigate to another option on the menu (not another tab) the smtp server will disappear.

I am still using the 3.3.3 to report the data to VMware until I can get these things fixed. Should I wait for a patch or should I contact VMware for that?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
0 Replies