VMware Cloud Community
TomasCorey
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Migration form vCloud Meter 3.6 to 4.4 without VCC portal registration

Hello,

My name is Tomás. I have the following scenario:
We Installed  Usage Meter 3.6 (we dont register on VCC portal for NOT use automatic reports.),

Now, the option for offline reports is available in the new version but when I try to configure always ask me to register on VCC portal.

My question is:

Is there a way to migrate to the new version without registering with VMware Portal? or, How I migrate the Usage Meter and do not use automatic reports?.

Greetings,
Tomás

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TomasCorey
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

I installed UM 4.4 with offline option.

I have a few questions:

1) When I configured the vCenter connection after "Credentials validated" shows ok:

TomasCorey_0-1625487825175.png

But when I configured NSX-V (I think that is the new option for "NSX Manager" in 3.6.1)

The credentials was validated but not shows Ok.

TomasCorey_1-1625487903323.png

It's normal this? because after a 2-3 hours I didn't see information on Usage tab:

TomasCorey_2-1625487950241.png

The are not usage's data to download.

It's okay?

2) Is a way that I can use a service user instead an admin user (NSX admin user), if exists, How can I give the correct permissions.

Regards,
Tomás

0 Kudos
TomasCorey
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

Can we close the thread.

Regards,

Tomás

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
rnandula
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

If I understand your question is how to migrate usagemeter from 3.6 to 4.4.

The migration procedure does not consider whether your Usagemeter is offline or online. So you can follow the VMware documented migration procedure.

https://docs.vmware.com/en/vCloud-Usage-Meter/4.4/Getting-Started-vCloud-Usage-Meter/GUID-5633EEE0-D...

0 Kudos
rnandula
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

While deploying the UM 4.4 please follow the offline procedure, once the UM is up you can run the migrate script in the UM

0 Kudos