VMware Cloud Community
cseres
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How to remove vCenter Operations Manager in Usage Meter?

Hi,

I imported data from Usage Meter 3.3.2 to 3.4. Collection fails:

"No vCenter Operations Manager extension info for xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx was collected from a vCenter Server"

There was a vCops long time ago, but it has been uninstalled for a long time according to removal instructions (VMware KB2036389) including unregistering the extension.

Manage / Products has only buttons Rebuild and edit for vCops, but how do I remove vCops to make data collection work?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
moonsurfer68
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Note: You mentioned that you had already unregistered vCOPs/vROPs with vCenter. If that's the case, then you can skip step 1.

Here are the steps I followed that allowed me to remove a previously docommissioned vCOPs/vROPs server from vCLUM.

1.     Make sure that the vCOPs/vROPs server is no longer registered with vCenter

2.     In vCLUM web portal, click Manage at top right

3.     Make sure the Products tab is selected

4.     Click the checkbox Show Inactive

5.     Click the Delete button next to the vCenter that your old vCOPs/vROPs server was previously tied (You will get a prompt saying that it will not delete the vCenter if it's already polled it for data)

6.     Finally, click the Activate button next to the vCenter.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
moonsurfer68
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Note: You mentioned that you had already unregistered vCOPs/vROPs with vCenter. If that's the case, then you can skip step 1.

Here are the steps I followed that allowed me to remove a previously docommissioned vCOPs/vROPs server from vCLUM.

1.     Make sure that the vCOPs/vROPs server is no longer registered with vCenter

2.     In vCLUM web portal, click Manage at top right

3.     Make sure the Products tab is selected

4.     Click the checkbox Show Inactive

5.     Click the Delete button next to the vCenter that your old vCOPs/vROPs server was previously tied (You will get a prompt saying that it will not delete the vCenter if it's already polled it for data)

6.     Finally, click the Activate button next to the vCenter.

Hope this helps!

bengels0
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Worked for me, thanks!

0 Kudos