VMware Cloud Community
mjha
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

How to delete vCenter server certificate from vCloud Usage Meter

Hi Folks,

I am facing an issue with stats collection for one of my vcenter server in usage meter.

The collection fails with error:

On the Usage Meter at (x.x.x.x), a collection from vchostname.abc.com begun at 2015-04-28 05:11:54, failed at 2015-04-28 05:12:03. The host certificate doesn't match the certificate you accepted. Please edit the server on the Manage Page Products Tab.

Anyone have idea about how to delete the vCenter SSL certificate from usage meter so that next time when usage meter polls to vCenter server it accepts a new ssl certificate.

PS: we are only using self-signed certificates on our vcenter server.

vCenter Version: 5.0

usage Meter Version: 3.3.2

Please consider marking this answer "correct" or "helpful" if you think your query have been answered correctly. Manish Jha | Operations Support Engineer | vCloud Air Operations vExpert 2015-17 | vExpert-NSX | vExpert-Cloud | VCAP6-DCV | VCP6-DCV | RHCE-7 Website : http://vstellar.com
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I think it gets imported to the TC Server instance jks.  I thought if you confirm the credentials for a vCenter in the Manage > Products, it should overwrite the existing one for the same vcenter hostname.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I think it gets imported to the TC Server instance jks.  I thought if you confirm the credentials for a vCenter in the Manage > Products, it should overwrite the existing one for the same vcenter hostname.

mjha
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Issue got resolved. Someone has checked both Meter and Monitor check boxes. Monitor we are not using in our environment. Even Usage Meter user guide says monitor should be checked in special cases only. After unchecking the monitor check box when I saved the settings it presented me with new ssl thumbprint and it worked like charm thereafter.

Please consider marking this answer "correct" or "helpful" if you think your query have been answered correctly. Manish Jha | Operations Support Engineer | vCloud Air Operations vExpert 2015-17 | vExpert-NSX | vExpert-Cloud | VCAP6-DCV | VCP6-DCV | RHCE-7 Website : http://vstellar.com
0 Kudos