VMware Cloud Community
nsomani
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi, I would want help to figure out the apis required to automate email, email_alerts activities inside manage tab in vmeter ui

I am able to access the providers tab under manage via the apis provided in the vmeter 3.6 documentation. However I would like to know the apis to access email and email_alerts tab under manage tab.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vinayag
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

In UM 3.6, API’s are available to add products, Create Customer Rules, generate all Reports.

Currently API’s are not available to manage Email alerts.

Thanks, Vinayaga.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
vinayag
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

In UM 3.6, API’s are available to add products, Create Customer Rules, generate all Reports.

Currently API’s are not available to manage Email alerts.

Thanks, Vinayaga.
0 Kudos
nsomani
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the info. Also i would like to know if there is any api to automate monitor tab?

0 Kudos
vinayag
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

In UM 3.6.x, API's are not available for automating monitor tab features.

Thanks, Vinayaga.
0 Kudos
nsomani
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks Vinayag!!

I have another query related to the vmeter api, I thought it';s better to ask here than to open a separate thread altogether. So I am trying to automate details from product server, the api of which being um/api/report/19. When I am hitting this api, we get a list of fields. Here we number of fields for Vcenter server, one of them being "vms under management". When I am logging into vcsa I can clearly see that we have 9 management vms and 2 workload vms which would total to 11. However the vms under management string we got back from the api states 14. I have no idea what this field signifies and how it is setting the value as 14. If I increase the number of vms from vspehere web client, will we able to see the change in this field(vms under management") as well. PLease note that in the ui I can see the field as 12 which is not equal to 14. I am kind of stuck here. I would highly appreciate your help.

0 Kudos
vinayag
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

In vCloud Usage Meter, the field “vms under management” which displays Total number of unique VMs Managed (Powered-on)  for the month.

In case VMs got deleted in a month, then VMs under Management doesn't match the count of VMs in vCenter Server.

Also, if new VM has been created & powered on, then “vms under management” count will increase.

Thanks, Vinayaga.
0 Kudos
nsomani
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

That's really helpful.

Thank you ! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
nsomani
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Is there any support for nsx edge in vmeter apis?

0 Kudos
nsomani
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Vinayaga,

Can you please have a look at my above query?

0 Kudos
vinayag
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

In the document "vCloud Usage Meter API 3.6", all the NSX Manager related APIs (like add/delete) are available under the section "vCloud Usage Meter API – NSX".

Please refer the same.

Thanks, Vinayaga.
0 Kudos