VMware Cloud Community

Different result in vCloud Usage Meter


We have been using version 3.3.1 of vCloud Usage Meter for several months now.
Today we did a search for old months and the data is not the same as we got when we did the reports for the previous months.

For example:

PeriodReported for the monthUsage based on the tool today

During december we upgraded out vSphere from 5.1 to 5.5.

Any idea why we don't see the same result now as we did when the reports was submited to the aggregator?

Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
2 Replies

Same problem here.

No reports from the last summer is the same as we reported at the time which makes it very hard for us to prove the correct contents of the reports in case of a revision.

Also, is vCOPS a part of the Premier Edition or the Premier Plus Edition?

The reason for asking is that after upgrading to vCloud Usage Meter 3.3 reporting changed from Premier Plus to Premier, even though we have vCOPS installed and serial registered in vCloud Usage Meter 3.3.

0 Kudos

I encountered this problem as well when I upgraded from 2.3.2 to 3.3.

If I ran usage reports on 3.3 for any time period prior to the upgrade, it showed far less usage then had previously been reported.

We ran both versions in parallel for some time, and any new data was consistent after this between the two version.

I imported the old data from the 2.3.2 version of the appliance, so it seems there were some silent errors that occurred during the import, which caused much of the older usage data to go missing,