VMware Cloud Community
sushil_mudgil
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Create admin Users..

I have a request for Creation of apporx 25+ user In Vcloud Usage meter ( all are part of support team and need access equivalent to root  to view reports for all customers ) . where as i am able to create Username in customer , i am unable to Set make them login . ( i set password via linux console) .

moreover the Usage meter screen has only option for entering either aggregator or provider passsword . So how do my all these 25 users login to appliance ????

What Is the option in front of me so that all my users have individual user id ;s . Or is it so that Only provider or aggregator can login via direct console ???? where do i define these roles in webconsole....

I created one ref user and Make it member of root group , but still it;s unable to login ???

Being a new bie i am very much confused with this fiasco..and not much documentation is available unfortunately...

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hello Sushil,

vCloud Usage meter as a application will only have either have Aggregator or Service Provider password option as these are the 2 built-in accounts required for working vCloud Usage Meter.

Users which you are creating are getting created for OS/appliance for vCloud Usage meter and not for vCloud usage meter as a application.

Also I am not sure if you are aware of  this but vCloud Usage meter is a product for VMware partners who are working as a part of VSPP program.

For details about VSPP program, please find the link for the article mentioned below.

http://www.vmware.com/files/pdf/partners/vspp/VSPP-Program-Guide.pdf

-Please award points if you find my reply helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hello Sushil,

vCloud Usage meter as a application will only have either have Aggregator or Service Provider password option as these are the 2 built-in accounts required for working vCloud Usage Meter.

Users which you are creating are getting created for OS/appliance for vCloud Usage meter and not for vCloud usage meter as a application.

Also I am not sure if you are aware of  this but vCloud Usage meter is a product for VMware partners who are working as a part of VSPP program.

For details about VSPP program, please find the link for the article mentioned below.

http://www.vmware.com/files/pdf/partners/vspp/VSPP-Program-Guide.pdf

-Please award points if you find my reply helpful.

0 Kudos