VMware Cloud Community
hectorivand
Contributor
Contributor

Configure automatic reports emails for command line

Hi, it's possible configure automatic reports emails in the console of Linux Server?

My idea is configure in each Usage Meter of every Service Provider with the goal of get the reports first days of the month and avoid delays in the billing.

Any idea?

Regards

Nacho

0 Kudos
5 Replies
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal

Probably not from command line.  AFAIK, there is not script/commandlet that you could script the report creation process to have Usage Meter email you at the start of each month.

You could do an API call to each instance requesting a report of the required type:

http://communities.vmware.com/servlet/JiveServlet/previewBody/21317-102-1-28494/vCloudUsageMeter3.0_...

But this requires programming on top of each instance once it's setup.

Therefore, it might just be easier to set each one up via the UI (since you may have more to define than one might expect).

Best Regards,

Jon Hemming

0 Kudos
hectorivand
Contributor
Contributor

I don't want  generate reports from a script, just setup automatics emails with the report created before by the Usage Meter.

Sorry my bad english and may be i'm missunderstand something.

thanks

Nacho

0 Kudos
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal

I think you have to use the web UI for this.

0 Kudos
hectorivand
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks John, my questions is because I have more of twenty services providers, we're a distributor and always exist delay delivering the report.

thanks

Nacho

0 Kudos
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal

Once you have the reporting configured via the website, it should email you as expected.  So once the 20 instances are setup, you shouldn't have to change anything unless required.

0 Kudos