VMware Cloud Community
vinny95
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Automatic reports sent do not contain values

Hi everyone,

In vCloud Usage Meter 2.3, I configured automatic reporting of "Customer Summary Report", the 4th of each month.

I receive the zip file, containing an excel sheet with report information (version, type, contact, ...) & the report table headers :

#Customer     License   Type     Category     Billable     Billed vRAM (GB-Hour)     Capped Billed vRAM (GB-Hour)

But nothing below....

Generating the report in the interface, I get the right values.

Is this a bug ?

Vinny

ustomer Summary Report

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

if you upgrade, and then make a new automatic report and just send it to yourself ... the system will send it to you immediately IF it's a brand new report (not updating an existing) and you set the report day to "today".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

make sure you have a license set selected for the automated report.  You'll need this for the report to work correctly.

0 Kudos
vinny95
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ya, all fields in automatic reporting are set.

I even tries with all the different reports, changing the reporting day, etc etc but still no data in the sheet.

0 Kudos
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

This may seem like a laundry list, but lets make sure to cover our basis.

1. When was Usage Meter deployed and configured started to collect data?  Just asking since the automatic reporting only generates for the previous month.

2. Does a manual report using same/similar settings work?

3. Can you upgrade to 2.3.2 and try that?

vinny95
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ya, this appliance has been running since several months.

As I earlier said, the awkward thing is that generating manually the licence report, it works.

It is like when generating the excel sheet, there is no data anymore.

I upgraded to 2.3.2 & will tell you the result at the beginning of August.

0 Kudos
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

if you upgrade, and then make a new automatic report and just send it to yourself ... the system will send it to you immediately IF it's a brand new report (not updating an existing) and you set the report day to "today".

0 Kudos
vinny95
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Worked much better in this version !

Is there any restriction on the reporting day or can we use the first day of the month without any problem ?

0 Kudos
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I can't remember.  The VSPP guide explains when the report needs to be sent in.  I think it can be no later than the 10th of a month, and the product doesn't allow for the auto reports on day 29/30/31 of a month.

However, I would usually set it as day 6 to an aggregator, and day 2 to yourself to ensure that you can review the report if required.

Don't quote me on this ... read the VSPP guide to get specifics on when you need to submit the report.

0 Kudos
vinny95
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Well, thanks for the information !

vinny

0 Kudos
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution