VMware Cloud Community
tdubb123
Expert
Expert

vshield 5.1.2 with nexus 1000v

Is there a document on how to implement vshield working on nexus 1000v?     

8 Replies
grepolis
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Integrate Cisco Nexus 1000V switch with vShield Manager (vSM): In the VSM, left vSM tab select Settings and Reports, Configuration, Networking. Click Add Switch Provider and enter the switch name, Service API base URL (https://<cisco vsm address>/n1k/services/NSM and add the username and password for the VSM

tdubb123
Expert
Expert

I have tried that but I keep getting the error

Error registering switch.

0 Kudos
grepolis
Contributor
Contributor

do you by any chance have an IP address on control0 interface on the 1000v?

what connection method are you using L2 or L3 for the 1000v?

0 Kudos
tdubb123
Expert
Expert

i tried both control0 ip and mgmt0 ip and neither one works. both are giving me this errorn1k.jpg

0 Kudos
tdubb123
Expert
Expert

hi

i guess my control0 and mgmt0 has different ip addresses? So the url should be using the control0 ip? I am on L3

0 Kudos
superqstang
Contributor
Contributor

hi

I also have this problem,and I check the vshield log :

Caused by: com.vmware.vshield.xvs.drivers.nexus.exceptions.NsmCannotRegisterException:

core-services:902:Error registering switch 1000v.:null

at com.vmware.vshield.xvs.drivers.nexus.service.NexusDriver.registerNsmHelper(NexusDriver.java:434)

at com.vmware.vshield.xvs.drivers.nexus.service.NexusDriver.registerNsm(NexusDriver.java:399)

at com.vmware.vshield.xvs.drivers.nexus.service.NexusDriver.registerNsm_aroundBody10(NexusDriver.java:376)

at com.vmware.vshield.xvs.drivers.nexus.service.NexusDriver$AjcClosure11.run(NexusDriver.java:1)

at org.aspectj.runtime.reflect.JoinPointImpl.proceed(JoinPointImpl.java:149)

at com.vmware.vshield.vsm.aspects.security.VsmSecuredAspect.secureFeatureCheck(VsmSecuredAspect.java:116)

at com.vmware.vshield.vsm.aspects.security.VsmSecuredAspect.ajc$inlineAccessMethod$com_vmware_vshield_vsm_aspects_security_VsmSecuredAspect$com_vmware_vshield_vsm_aspects_security_VsmSecuredAspect$secureFeatureCheck(VsmSecuredAspect.java:1)

at com.vmware.vshield.vsm.aspects.security.VsmSecuredAspect.secure(VsmSecuredAspect.java:73)

at com.vmware.vshield.xvs.drivers.nexus.service.NexusDriver.registerNsm(NexusDriver.java:375)

at com.vmware.vshield.xvs.drivers.nexus.service.NexusDriver.attachNsm_aroundBody4(NexusDriver.java:245)

at com.vmware.vshield.xvs.drivers.nexus.service.NexusDriver$AjcClosure5.run(NexusDriver.java:1)

at org.aspectj.runtime.reflect.JoinPointImpl.proceed(JoinPointImpl.java:149)

at com.vmware.vshield.vsm.aspects.security.VsmSecuredAspect.secureFeatureCheck(VsmSecuredAspect.java:116)

at com.vmware.vshield.vsm.aspects.security.VsmSecuredAspect.ajc$inlineAccessMethod$com_vmware_vshield_vsm_aspects_security_VsmSecuredAspect$com_vmware_vshield_vsm_aspects_security_VsmSecuredAspect$secureFeatureCheck(VsmSecuredAspect.java:1)

at com.vmware.vshield.vsm.aspects.security.VsmSecuredAspect.secure(VsmSecuredAspect.java:73)

at com.vmware.vshield.xvs.drivers.nexus.service.NexusDriver.attachNsm(NexusDriver.java:213)

at com.vmware.vshield.xvs.drivers.nexus.facade.NsmConfigFacadeImpl.attachNsm(NsmConfigFacadeImpl.java:47)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at flex.messaging.services.remoting.adapters.JavaAdapter.invoke(JavaAdapter.java:418)

at flex.messaging.services.RemotingService.serviceMessage(RemotingService.java:183)

at flex.messaging.MessageBroker.routeMessageToService(MessageBroker.java:1400)

at flex.messaging.endpoints.AbstractEndpoint.serviceMessage(AbstractEndpoint.java:1005)

at flex.messaging.endpoints.AbstractEndpoint$$FastClassByCGLIB$$1a3ef066.invoke(<generated>)

at net.sf.cglib.proxy.MethodProxy.invoke(MethodProxy.java:191)

at org.springframework.aop.framework.Cglib2AopProxy$CglibMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(Cglib2AopProxy.java:688)

at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:150)

at org.springframework.flex.core.MessageInterceptionAdvice.invoke(MessageInterceptionAdvice.java:66)

at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)

at org.springframework.aop.framework.adapter.ThrowsAdviceInterceptor.invoke(ThrowsAdviceInterceptor.java:124)

... 66 more

Any one have the solution?

0 Kudos
Mahtani
Contributor
Contributor

ssh into your VSM and type:

conf t

feature network-segmentation-manager

Smiley Happy

storage_god
Contributor