whwt
Contributor
Contributor

vShiled endpoint license not valid

Jump to solution

Hi all, this is my first post :smileyblush:...

I hava a question and i hope someone solved a similar problem. I think the solution is simple but I can't figure it out.

I've implemented a small test environment:

1 host with ESXi 4.1

1 VM windows 2003 std

1 VM Win2008r2

1 vShield manager virtual appliance 4.1

1 Deep Security Virtual appliance (turned off for the moment)

The target is testing Trend Micro deep security before implementing in production servers and verify impact in a running structure.

I installed on the Win2008 machine vsphere client, vcenter, and successfully registered vshield plugin but in the vshield tab --> endpoint status  I can only see that it is disabled because no license is present.

Well, I already have the licenses that will be used in the production environment but when i try to assign it in configuration tab --> Licensed Features --> edit --> enter key i receive the error "Invalid license key: License file not found".

Does anyone had/solved a similar problem?

Thanks to all in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sorabhk5
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

In my setup, this error is thrown when I enter wrong/incorrect license.

If license is correct --> license details are shown like Product, Capacity, Expires etc. See the screen-shot below.

ScreenShot00125.png

Check if your license key is correct or log a ticket with support.

All opinions expressed here are my personal opinions and not of my employer. Thanks #Sorabh [[ http://sorabhk5.in or @sorabhk5 ]]

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
sorabhk5
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Can you try to

Enter license from Home --> Administration --> Licensing..?

Instead of Home --> Inventory --> Hosts & Clusters -- Configuration tab.

If you still recieve any error, plese share the screen-shot.

All opinions expressed here are my personal opinions and not of my employer. Thanks #Sorabh [[ http://sorabhk5.in or @sorabhk5 ]]
0 Kudos
whwt
Contributor
Contributor

First of all, many thanks for your reply.

I tried what you suggested but unfortunately it didn't worked. I receive the same error:

Error.jpg

I tried also an evaluation license that vmware gives when you download the product with no luck. same error.

As you can see in the image, i tried also putting licenses in vcenter and esxi, but seems that make no difference.

All products I downloaded are for version 4.1.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
JonathanG
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Since you are using ESX 4.1, you need to use vShield 1.0. Is this the version and license you downloaded? If not, here is the url

http://downloads.vmware.com/d/details/vshield_endpoint10u3/ZHB3YnRAKndidHR3ag==#drivers_tools

0 Kudos
whwt
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I downloaded the version you say, the only place where i can find the version installed is in the plugin window:

version.jpg

Thanks

0 Kudos
whwt
Contributor
Contributor

also the license is for version 1.

0 Kudos
sorabhk5
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

In my setup, this error is thrown when I enter wrong/incorrect license.

If license is correct --> license details are shown like Product, Capacity, Expires etc. See the screen-shot below.

ScreenShot00125.png

Check if your license key is correct or log a ticket with support.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
FireWorker
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

there is a difference in the vShield Linceses.

vShield 1.0 Licenses won't work in vShield 5.0, and vice versa.

You'll need to make sure that you receive the correct License for the correct Version you want to use in your production environment.

Trend Micro Senior Support Engineer, L2, Deep Security Product Champion
0 Kudos
whwt
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry for late feedback, in the hurricane of technical issues i forgotted this thread... :smileycry:

Thanks to sorabhk5 for posting the correct answer, that was confirmed also by vmware licence vendor: the code was simply incorrect.

I hope this may be useful for someone else.

0 Kudos