VMware Cloud Community
TRGJSY
Contributor
Contributor

vShieldEdge IPSec VPN Accessible to multiple External Interfaces

Hi All,

I'm in a situation where I've got a 5,1 vShield Edge with a IPSec Site-to-Site VPN established through an external public interface (Internet) to a 3rd party site that is accessible from the Internal interface and network of the same vShield Edge. So far, so normal, so good! What I'd like to be able to do is leverage the Site-to-Site VPN that's established to the vSE and allow other additional 'External' networks to traverse the VPN via the remaining 8 available NICs on the vSE. The additional external networks are just that, any 'external network' available to the vOrg.

There doesn't seem to be any capacity for this within the vCloud GUI for the vSE, however I'm not sure about the direct interface through the vSM.

Has anyone done anything similar?

IPSec VPN established with remote site to Internet facing vShield External.NIC0 routing SiteA Internal to vShield Internal.NIC1. Confirmed successful.

Requirements:

Require vCloud 'External Network' facing vSE External.NIC2 to traverse existing VPN

OR

Capacity to create an IPSec Site-to-Site VPN between two External vSE interfaces (as opposed to one Ext, one Int.)

Any thoughts welcome.

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Tim

0 Kudos
0 Replies