VMware Cloud Community
ElGogy
Contributor
Contributor

vShield login error

I´m testing the vShield Zones Release 1.0-G68.

I´m deployed the appliance and configure the network settings, but when i try to login trough the web manager I get an error: "login failed for user ´admin´. Try again"

I already try again the login, reset the password to default trough the command console, and also deploy the appliance once again and reconfigure them again.

No success.

I check on the web for similar cases but I didn´t found nothing.

Any idea? Maybe some services on the appliance is not started?

Thanks for all in advance.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
carlosVSZ
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Try restarting the vShield Manager to ensure it is completely up.

Could you share your ESX host configuration (memory, CPU, # of VMs/load on this host).

0 Kudos
ElGogy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi.

The host its for test&lab.

1 Quad Core.

8 gb ram.

2 vms.

5% load.

I left the vshield on for a day, from yesterday to today, but now I can´t access.

Do you tried the appliance?

Tks.

0 Kudos
carlosVSZ
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Can you try powering off the vShield Manager (vSphere client > Power> Power Off), then Power it back on. Open a console to the vShield Manager, once it is up and running (once you see the manager prompt), point your browser to the IP address of the Manager and try to log in again? What is the result?

I'm assuing you have not installed the vShield yet, if that is correct, you do not need to power it on at this time. The automated installation will power this on for you at later stage.

0 Kudos
ElGogy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi CarlosVSZ.

Thanks for your time.

I followed your instructions, but with no success.

I have a question for you: do you already deployed the vShields and can login successfully on the vshield manager?

On the other hand I can say that I don´t start the vshield´s instances because first I want to login in the manager and then deploy those trough the templates like the Guided Evaluation recommends.

Any idea? Can you recheck that the user is 'admin' and the password 'default' ?

Thanks again.

Diego Cunha

Investigación y Desarrollo

Canelones 1567 | C.P. 11200 | Montevideo - Uruguay

Teléfono: (598 2) 412 8291* Int. 106 | Fax: (598 2) 412 8708

dcunha@at.com.uy | www.at.com.uy

Reciclar es nuestro papel. Servir a la comunidad y cuidar el medio ambiente es nuestra responsabilidad.

Este mensaje y todo documento adjunto puede contener información confidencial y protegida legalmente bajo secreto profesional. La transmisión de esta información es privada y está dirigida únicamente a la persona o entidad indicada, y su acceso por cualquier otra persona no está autorizado. Si usted ha recibido este mensaje por error, por favor infórmeselo al remitente y bórrelo.- Muchas Gracias.

This message and all attached documents may content information that is confidential and legally protected under professional secret. Its transmission is private and solely intended for the addressees and no one else is allowed to access. If you receive this message in error, please delete it and immediately notify the sender by e-mail. Thank-you.

0 Kudos
sebek
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You have probably installed vShield Manager straight from the CD. You should install both appliances using VMware installer, instead.

sebek

0 Kudos
usg
Contributor
Contributor

I ran into the same problem on one ESX server but not on another.

I think the difference between our ESX servers was their licensing ...?

Note that vShield Zones is only listed under Advanced Edition or "better".

Hope that helps.

0 Kudos
athlon_crazy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Do you able to solve this? I'm having the same issue recently. No problem with my two previous implementation but for the third one, really make me piss off. The only thing I never did is reinstall back vShield Manager.

vcbMC-1.0.6 Beta

vcbMC-1.0.7 Lite

http://www.no-x.org

http://www.no-x.org
0 Kudos
lito201110141
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

I've been having the same issue with the failed login for 3 days now and today I finally did something the fixed the issue. Here it is:

Open the console of the vShield Manager VM (from vCenter).

Login using admin/default, as documented.

Enter into privileged mode typing "enable", use the same password if you didn't change it before.

type "database erase" and wait for it. See the attachement for more details.

After that I was able to login using the web interface

IMPORTANT: I'm brand new with vshield and I have only 1 instance of it running, so I DON'T KNOW if erasing the database in a different scenario will do some damage.

0 Kudos
BjornSH
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi lito,

Thanks a lot. Works perfectly Smiley Happy

0 Kudos