VMware Cloud Community
epa80
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

vShield Manager - High CPU

Utilizing vShield Manager 5.5.4-2673026 along with trend micro Deep Security 9.6. Our ESXi hosts are ESXi 6.0.0, 3825889. Has anyone seen a big jump in CPU usage? Ours are averaging 87-95% pretty much constantly until reboot, where they inevitably spike back up again. We have our Deep Security/VDI environment split across 2 data centers, 3 clusters. We're not hammering either side to be honest with usage, so, I'm a bit surprised they're feeling such a hit. We haven't done anything to the resources of vShield, still at the default 2 vCPU and 8GB of memory. I have the resources to bump them, but, not positive that's the root cause.

I also see a newer version out there, 5.5.4-3953973, and in the release notes I do see:

Fixed Issue 1355070: High CPU utilization reported with vShield Manager in VMware vCloud Networking and Security 5.5.x

The fix addresses the issue that occurs because of a large number of POST and GET API requests to vShield Manager from the MUX component of the Endpoint Security (EPSec) solution. See VMware Knowledge Base article 2135299.

Yup, sounds pretty open and shut.

0 Kudos
0 Replies