VMware Cloud Community
proden20
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

vShield Endpoint Experience

I see a few threads like this scattered around the communities but they drift off into the ether.  I'm hoping to get some feedback on which vShield Endpoint AV products are available for virtualized server protection, in particular which have matured the most.  Anything extensible into things like HIPS would be cool too.

I've seen offerings from BitDefender, Kaspersky, McAfee, TrendMicro, and Symantec.  Sophos is not in beta yet.  It would be awesome to know who I could rule out at this particular point in time.

The shop I'm working in has about 40 hosts, 500 VMs.

Is this implementation cluster-level, host-level, or does it depend on the plug-in vendor?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JonathanG
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Trend Micro's Deep Security product is in its 4th generation, very mature and scalable. 40 hosts & 500VMs no problem

http://www.trendmicro.com/deepsecurity

<full disclosure - I work for Trend Micro>

Cyberfed27
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

RUN do not walk AWAY from Kaspersky, by far the worst company on the planet for customer service/tech support.

Basically they have no tech support. Open up a ticket and you might get a response (email only no one will EVER call you) days,weeks and/or months later with irrelevant steps to fix your problem. I cannot stress enough to STAY AWAY FROM KASPERSKY.

We made the mistake and will not be renewing our licenses, we are going to Trend Deep Security. We are literally counting down the days to our license expiration.

Don't want to take my word for it go look on their own forums of the scores and scores of business customers complaining about the same thing. Some people have reported having a ticket open for YEARS with no resolution.

Learn from my mistake you've been warned!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos