VMware Cloud Community
vrk1979
Contributor
Contributor

VMtools are not upgraded/updated

Hi,

In one of my customer environment, most of the VM's are not upgraded/updated to the lastest VM tools versions. I want to know whether this will have the impact of slowness of all the Virtual MAchines (VM guest).

I appreciate the valueable response in time.

Rgds

VRK

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

memory ballooning and snapshot quiescing may not be available. why not just have it done mass via vmware update manager?

iDLE-jAM | VCP 2, VCP 3 & VCP 4

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos
vrk1979
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

It will be highly appreicates, if u can provide me the screenshot to do the same via update manager.

0 Kudos
sent02
Contributor
Contributor

yes once installed and upgraded the vmtools then only the vms to get the 1gb of virtal lan speed

0 Kudos
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

you can check out the admin guide. it's there.

http://www.vmware.com/pdf/vsp_vum_40_admin_guide.pdf

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos
vrk1979
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I know how to install and upgrade the vm tools. my question is how to update all the vm guest machines at a shot either using vm update manager or in vc of all host.

0 Kudos
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

please read the above guide and there is a section called VMware Tools Upgrade to Match Host - that is what you need to do. In case you need step by step screenshots, here it is http://www.bujarra.com/?p=2990&lang=en

0 Kudos
vrk1979
Contributor
Contributor

thanks buddy, its look nice and Once again, thanks.

0 Kudos