VMware Cloud Community
martincortez
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to deploy vShield APP on ESX, message: vShield APP installation encountered error while installing service VM: Internal Server Error: Connection refused

Hi!

I m unable to deploy vShield APP on server ESX server. I have deployed vShield Manager successfuly and I can see Tab "vshield" in vCenter console.

But when i click on "install" link and put all data like:  Datastore, managment Port Group, vShield APP IP Address, Netmask, Gateway etc. The process start step one successfully, but not in step 2 "Installing and Configuring service virtual machines" and I got this message:  vShield APP  installation encontured  error while installing service VM: Internal Server Error: Connection refused.

error_support.png

Thanks in advanced for your tips, experience or comments.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ianlogan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello Martin,

How does your ESXi firewall look? I wasted a lot of time on the same issue, in the end it turned out that the ESXi firewall was blocking outbound SSH which prevented vShield Manager from logging into the VM it deployed on the host.

Also if you login on the manager console and do a "show tech-support" there might be more clues in there.

Good luck,

Ian

0 Kudos