VMware Cloud Community
jseide86
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Trend Deep Security 9 Service Pack 1 upgrade problems - Appliance protected host blocks traffic

Hi

I have begun the process of upgrading Trend Micro Deep Security 9 to Service Pack 1, but I have encountered a significant problem during this process.

Just as information, I run VMware View VMs (virtual desktops) on these hosts.

After upgrading the DSM, Relays and ESXi Filter Drivers, I then upgrade one of the appliances to SP1. After this was done, every Virtual Desktop on the host linked with the now SP1-Upgraded TDS Appliance is unable to communicate properly with the Horizon View Administrator server, the View Client applications, and VMware View Blast portal service. When I try to Ping (ICMP) the same VMs, they respond just fine.

I have checked the ESXi firewall rules, they are as they should be (no specific restrictions on PCoIP ports or Web Traffic ports etc), and I have double checked that the Firewall policy in Trend Micro Deep Security is turned off.

Any ideas? I am no Trend-expert, I really have no clue where to begin to troubleshoot this issue.

ESXi 5.1

Horizon View 5.2

Trend Deep Security 9 and partially v9 with Service Pack 1 (see above)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jseide86
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Update: A cold-reboot of the appliance seems to have fixed the problem. The primary NIC was stuck somehow and didn't resolve on a normal reboot.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jseide86
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Update: A cold-reboot of the appliance seems to have fixed the problem. The primary NIC was stuck somehow and didn't resolve on a normal reboot.

0 Kudos