VMware Cloud Community
vmwaredownload
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PowerCLI command to check and/or remove External IP mappings of NAT-enabled vApp networks

Hello.

Here is some background information:

I have a vApp in my vCloud Catalog which consists of 8 VMs.   When users deploy this vApp, the 8 VMs will all be connected to a vAppNetwork which has internal IPs only.  This vAppNetwork is routable to an external network since it is NAT-enabled.

We have a requirement where only 1 of the VMs need to be mapped to an external IP and the other 7 VMs only need the internal vApp network.

Currently, when users deploy the vApp, all 8 VMs are getting external IPs and I am manually configuring the NAT services for each vApp network and removing the NAT entries for the 7 VMs that do not need external access.

After describing my problem (the "manual"-ness of removing NAT from specific VMs for each vApp), I realize it is possible that the vApp architecture may be wrong, but my question actually does not pertain to this.

Now, finally, for the question:

To alleviate some of the administration work involved here, are there any PowerCLI commands that can check and/or remove the External IP mappings of NAT-enabled vApp networks?

Thanks.

I've also attached a screenshot of where I am removing/deleting these external IP mappings.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

Thread moved to vCloud Director PowerCLI

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos