VMware Cloud Community
MallocArray1
Contributor
Contributor

New-Org fails in new vCD 9.1 environment

Built out a nested vCD 9.1 environment on vSphere 6.5 with NSX 6.4.0

Manually created my first organization and getting ready to create a powershell script to build the second one, but I get an error when using New-Org.  I am able to connect to the cell with Connect-CiServer without error and I can run Get-Org successfully.

New-Org -Name 'MyOrg1' -FullName 'My Organization 1'

New-Org : 6/20/2018 9:37:45 AM New-Org The specified Href 'https://Cell01.lab.local/api/Internal errror: ComposeOperationHref() : serviceUrl is not prefix

of sourceHref' is not valid.

At line:1 char:1

+ New-Org -Name 'MyOrg1' -FullName 'My Organization 1'

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [New-Org], VimException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Core_BaseCmdlet_UnknownError,VMware.VimAutomation.Cloud.Commands.Cmdlets.NewOrg

I've tried two different vCD installs (following the same process) and two different client machines.  PowerCLI 10.0 and 10.1

Server is using a self-signed cert

Any ideas what it is hanging up on?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
elihuj
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I see several issues with PowerCLI and vCD 9.1. Is there no support for vCD cmdlets in 9.1?

0 Kudos
MallocArray1
Contributor
Contributor

I contacted some VMware contacts and the best answer I got was that I should try PowerCLI 6.5 instead of 10.x

I did that and was able to make a new-org correctly without error.  I then upgraded back to 10.1 and was still able to run new-org correctly. I'm not sure if something was left behind from 6.5, but at least I'm able to do some work with it now.

0 Kudos
elihuj
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I ended up getting this to work by importing the certificates from vCD to my local workstation. I needed to import them specifically to the Trusted Root Certification Authorities. Once completed, I was able to run this an other cmdlets that were previously failing.

0 Kudos