VMware Cloud Community
GregRoberts2011
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Connect-CIServer -Server vcloud.ourdomain.com Issues

Hi

I have now tried PowerCLI with ESX and vCenter, so far so good.

We have a vCLoud Area as well (v5.5)

So when i listed the VMs in vCenter, for area folder 'vCloud Director' this worked but the links to vApps and Notes were not there, not suprising.

So i went over to try

$Server = Connect-CIServer -Server 'vcloud.ourdomain.com' -User ourdomain\me -Password xxxx -Org 'DevTest'

which i have sys admin access to, no joy.

Connect-CIServer : 11/03/2014 8:53:04 PM    Connect-CIServer        The server returned 'Unauthorized' with the status code 401 - Unauthorized.  

Initially i used by local account, so i then added an lDAP account to me, same result.

>> So is there some special setting needed to enable "remote" / PowerCLI access to vCLoud ?

I looked around the vCloud web interface settings and saw nothing that stood out.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

Thread moved to the vCloud Director PowerCLI community.

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos
GregRoberts2011
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The situation has been resolved :

$Server = Connect-CIServer -Server 'vcloud.ourdomain.com' -User me -Password xxxx -Org 'DevTest'

Works without a domain prefix, i.e. not 'ourdomain\me'

Using the local account, e.g.

$Server = Connect-CIServer -Server 'vcloud.ourdomain.com' -User localme -Password xxxx -Org 'DevTest'

also doe not work.

>> Now i don't know if this is a setup issue or just the way ot works as the Connect-VIServer allowed the domain prefix.

Regards

ayanes
Contributor
Contributor

I have seen this issue happening if you have a 5.5 vCloud environment and you are running powerCLI version 5.1 or 5.1 update1.

Upgrade PowerCLI to 5.5 and give it another try.

Alberto-

0 Kudos