VMware Cloud Community
ccinatl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Catalog Save in vCD 5.5.2 via PowerCLI - New-CIVAppTemplate - Storage issue

using the below script to power off my vApp, save it, and power it back on.  problem is it is not saving to the correct Storage Profile that the Catalog is set to use  Is this a bug? 

connect-CIServer -Server vcd01 -User 'admin' -Password 'pass'

$myVApp = Get-CIVApp -Name 'test save'

$myVApp = Stop-CIVApp -VApp $myVApp -confirm:$false

$myCatalog = Get-Catalog -Name 'Catalog-LUN5'

$myOrgVdc = Get-OrgVdc -Name 'Sales vDC'

New-CIVAppTemplate -Name '20150421_test-save' -VApp $myVApp -OrgVdc $myOrgVDC -Catalog $myCatalog

$myVApp = Start-CIVApp -VApp $myVApp

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

Thread moved to the vCloud Director PowerCLI community.

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos
ccinatl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

still having issues.  if i disable the profile that it is using incorrectly, i am not getting the error below.  anyone know where this info may be kept?  no where to specify storage policy.  the storage policy is set correctly on the catalog and set correctly on all the vms.

-------------------------------------------------------

PowerCLI C:\scripts> .\SaveToCatalog.ps1

Name                           User                           Org

----                           ----                           ---

vcd01                   admin                  System

New-CIVAppTemplate : 5/13/2015 9:54:09 AM    New-CIVAppTemplate        Storage policy "[com.vmware.vcloud.entity.vdcstorageProfile:85d69bb7-3ea2-4034-8385-193228e02a9a]" is

disabled and cannot be used for provisioning operations.

At C:\scripts\SaveToCatalog.ps1:6 char:1

+ New-CIVAppTemplate -Name '20150421_test-' -VApp $myVApp -OrgVdc $myOrgVDC -C ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [New-CIVAppTemplate], VimException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Core_BaseCmdlet_UnknownError,VMware.VimAutomation.Cloud.Commands.Cmdlets.NewCIVAppTemplate

0 Kudos