VMware Cloud Community
baber
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

problem with start vcenter after install heartbeat

Hi. i have installed vmware vcenter 5.5 . then installing vcenter server heartbeat 6.6  and after restart sytem and rename primary node during the restart system after sytem is boot som of vcenter service can not run for example Vmware Virtualcenter server Service can not start thus i can not connet to vcenter with vsphere client and can not start in manually now what do i have to do ?

i have only installed primarynode and just get clone from primary node

both of my nodes are virtual

please help me

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue.
58 Replies
dmihaescu
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

yes

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

but faliback is not automatically yes?

i think for failback we have to right click on vcenter heartbeat icon in taskbar and start vcenter heartbeat

is this true?

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

please help

0 Kudos
dmihaescu
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

For failback you will have to recover the failed server, wait for the servers to sync and then manually failover (make the other server active) from the Heartbeat console.

baber
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

thanks my question is :

if i hard power off my primary vcenter server it will automatically failover to secondary vcenter server but when later i turn on my primaryvcenter server it will automatically failback from secondaryvcenter to primaryvcebter with out any click in vcenter heartbeat console?

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

??

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

please

0 Kudos
AltonYu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

If you hard power off my primary vcenter server it will automatically failover to secondary vcenter server.

Later when you turn on my primaryvcenter server it will become the passive node and replication should be going from the secondary to the primary.

After replication is complete, you can manually make the primary active.

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

thanks this is my main question that i am so confused

i think failback is not automatically, for failback we have to rightclick on vcenterheartbeat taskbar icon on primary vcenter server(recovery server) and start it

is that ok or it automatically do failback after turn on primary vcenter server without any cclick or change on primary vcenter server?

so thanks

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

@

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

????

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

please answer just these questions

1-

thanks this is my main question that i am so confused

i think failback is not automatically, for failback we have to rightclick on vcenterheartbeat taskbar icon on primary vcenter server(recovery server) and start it

is that ok or it automatically do failback after turn on primary vcenter server without any cclick or change on primary vcenter server?

2-after failback this warning appear how can solve that ?

screenshot.jpg

please help

so thanks

0 Kudos
dmihaescu
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi baber,

1. As AltonYu said above, failback in not automatic, when you recover the primary it will start as passive, HB will start on the server but it will not start the protected application because these are running at this point on the secondary.

If you want to failback, on the screen which you posted above in the Server -> summary page you can just click the Make Active.. button and select Primary.

2. The warning you are seeing there comes from the SQL server, you will have to go to the Applications -> Summary and Applications -> Rules and see which of the rules is issuing the warning and investigate the root cause.

In order to clear the warning, on the Applications -> Summary page there is a "Clear" button, but this does not solve the problem, the warning will re-appear the next time the rule is triggered.

baber
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

thanks these are pics from applications--->summary and application --> rules  you think what is problem?

summary.jpg

rules.jpg

0 Kudos
AltonYu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Buffer Cache Hit Ratio is the percentage of  sql server pages requested and retrieved from the buffer cache without reading from disk.

It's not necessarily a problem. One way of increasing the Buffer Cache Hit Ratio could be to increase memory on the VM. If you feel that performance is not a problem, you can change the rule so that it is lower than 90% so that the rule won't get triggered, but Microsoft recommends 90+%.

baber
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

will Solve this problem if i increase my vm RAM?

my vm now has 12gb ram

0 Kudos
AltonYu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

It might. Check with your DBA.

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

i have a problem

i done hard power off my primaryvcenter and autofailover excellent do

but when i turned on my primaryvcenter when i right click on vcenter heartbeat icon in taskbar start vmware vcenter server heartbeat 6.6 is off and can not select that

here  the pic is attached

how can solve the problem for do failback?

1.jpg

0 Kudos
AltonYu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

In the Heartbeat console, go to Data and see if the data is going to go back in sync. Once it's back in sync, you can click "Make Active" and reset the primary as the active server.