VMware Cloud Community
baber
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

problem with start vcenter after install heartbeat

Hi. i have installed vmware vcenter 5.5 . then installing vcenter server heartbeat 6.6  and after restart sytem and rename primary node during the restart system after sytem is boot som of vcenter service can not run for example Vmware Virtualcenter server Service can not start thus i can not connet to vcenter with vsphere client and can not start in manually now what do i have to do ?

i have only installed primarynode and just get clone from primary node

both of my nodes are virtual

please help me

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AltonYu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Buffer Cache Hit Ratio is the percentage of  sql server pages requested and retrieved from the buffer cache without reading from disk.

It's not necessarily a problem. One way of increasing the Buffer Cache Hit Ratio could be to increase memory on the VM. If you feel that performance is not a problem, you can change the rule so that it is lower than 90% so that the rule won't get triggered, but Microsoft recommends 90+%.

View solution in original post

58 Replies
dmihaescu
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi Baber,

Did you add the correct records in the DNS?

In the install guide, on page 43, you have the following:

Post Installation Tasks

Once installation of vCenter Server Heartbeat is complete, use Nslookup to verify configured name resolution.

Procedure

◆ Verify that Nslookup resolves as shown below:

■ Verify that Nslookup resolves Service Name to Public IP

■ Verify that Nslookup resolves Primary Name to Primary Management IP

■ Verify that Nslookup resolves Secondary Name to Secondary Management IP

Thanks,

Dani

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

is your means that after install vcenter heartbeat and after restart system  on primary node i use just this command on cmd ?

Nslookup

0 Kudos
dmihaescu
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

yes, from the command line use nslookup to check that the names are resolved to the correct Ip addreses. In the case this does not work as expected, you will need to manually add the correct records in your DNS server

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

i do these steps on dns server

1- after install dns server on domain server i install new zone on reverse lookup my zone type select primary zone and acrive directory zone replication scope i select (To all DNS servers running on domain controler in this domain:vmware.com)

2- add 2 record with manual rihjt click on domain name an select new host (A or AAAAA)  and set new names

primaryvcenter  10.0.3.205

secondaryvcenter 10.0.3.206

and check create associated pointer record

Are these steps correct?

0 Kudos
dmihaescu
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

yes, these are correct.

You will also have to make sure you have the 3rd record for the Public Name (the initial name of the server before renaming) and the public IP.

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I have attached a pic from config of my domain Server before installing vcenter server heartbeat

dc = my domain controler server

fvcenter = name of my primary vcenter before install heartbeat

primaryvcenter = added manually for use after install heartbeat for first fvcenter

secondaryvcenter = added manually for use after install heartbeat for secondvcenter(clone fvcenter)

Are these configs ok ?domain.jpg

0 Kudos
dmihaescu
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

yes, this looks ok.

Do the applications start now?

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

what is your means from applications ? that pic is just from my domain server now i want install vcenter heartbeat on vcenter server (10.0.3.197)

0 Kudos
dmihaescu
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

You said in the first post that you already installed Heartbeat.

If this is the case, open the vCenter Server Heartbeat Console (right click on the HB system tray and select Manage Server and then add a connection to the vCenter server - localhost). Go to the Application -> Summary tab and click the Start Applications button.

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

now i clear all of them and install new vcenter

now i have a clean vcenter with a clone from that now can i install heartbeat on vcenter server on this ip 10.0.3.197?

0 Kudos
dmihaescu
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

thanks but previously i have read this documenet but i am so confused in this documenet i can not find reason of that why vcenter service can not start in windows server 2008 after install vcenter heartbeat

now i saw a strange in my domain server in that pic you saw fvcenter-primaryvcente-secondaryvcenter

now i login to domain server but fvcenter not show

please help me step bt step now my question is i tod in latest post i have install clear vcenter(virtual) with 2 nic and you saw my domain configs now can i install vcenter heartbeat?

0 Kudos
dmihaescu
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

The step by step details are in the install guide at page 35.

The reason why the fventer has disappeared is that you have deselected the register this connection in DNS checkbox from the NIC. You will also have to add a static record for this, just like you did for the primary and secondary.

The most probable reason why vCenter did not start was because it could not connect to SSO by using the fvcenter FQDN, because it was not in the DNS. If the problem still exist after the install, you can check the vpxd.log file to find why vCenter is not starting, but first make sure you have all 3 records in the DNS

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

thanks but now i have just this 2 record primaryvcenter and  secondaryvcenter in my domain controler fvcenter not show what do i have to do now?

other problem my first vcenter(fvcenter)  that i have installed(virtual) i assigned two nic :

1- Primary public/managment =  10.0.3.197 /10.0.3.205

2 - primary vmchanel = 10.0.3.207

after install machine it show 10.0.3.197 ip adress in vcenter but now it show 10.0.3.207

why?

0 Kudos
dmihaescu
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

For the first question, add a static record in the DNS: fvcenter - 10.0.3.197

I don't understand where is the vCenter showing the channel IP (the 207 one)

Did you install HB on the primary by following the steps from the install guide?

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

thanks for your answers my mean from ip adress in show with red line in attach pic

now i want sure and then install vcenter heartbeatscreenshot.jpg

my ip adress was 10.0.3.197 but now it auto changed to 10.0.3.207

10.0.3.207 = is my Primary vmchannel

why do it changed?

0 Kudos
dmihaescu
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

it did not change, it is just the way the IPs are displayed. You have multiple IP addresses on that VM, if you click the "View All" link to the right of the IP addresses you will all 3 IPs that are configured on that VM.

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

now for add new record in domain controler it not problem to add fvcenter with ths ip 10.0.3.197 ?

is it ok?

0 Kudos
dmihaescu
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

yes, it is ok, you can add it just as you did with the management IPs and names. fvcenter = 10.0.3.197