VMware Cloud Community
RUG201110141
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

certificate and vCenter Server Heartbeat v6.4

I upgraded to vCenter Server Hearbeat v6.4 to get the plug-in for Server Heartbeat into vCenter.  The Server Heartbeat plug-in appears to be web based and uses a invalid certificate.  I would like to replace that certificate with a valid certificate from our internal Certificate Authority.  Is there any documenation on that.  I opened a case with VMware and they pointed me to a KB, but that KB does not work (http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=103402...)

0 Kudos
4 Replies
simonkf
Contributor
Contributor

did you ever get this fixed?

as i've gone to the trouble of replacing certs on vc, vum etc then this would be nice to have resolved.

thanks

0 Kudos
RUG201110141
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unfortunately no I don't.  I've had a ticket open with VMware for almost 6 weeks now and haven't gotten anywhere with it.   The VMware support personnel I've spoken with hadn't even been to training on v6.4 when I opened the case.  I've patiently waited for them to get training but still haven't gotten any resolution.  I even contacted my VMware rep about it, but it didn't get any traction there either.  Now we have a new VMware rep (the 6th or 7th one in the last 5 years) that I can complain to.  Just a couple of days ago they asked for log bundles again, which I have provided so we'll see what comes of that.  I'll updated this posting when I get some useful information.

0 Kudos
RUG201110141
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

That's funny because I just got a call from VMware yesterday saying there is nothing that could be done.  They had escalated to neverfail and they indicated this is a known issue that is reproducable and that several customers have complained.  They will provide a fix in the next release and they closed my case.  Awesome support!

I'll give the link you provided a shot.  thanks for the input.

0 Kudos