VMware Cloud Community
BlackACE
Contributor
Contributor

Why ist "vCenter Inventory Service" not include in Service Start

After Heartbeat Installation (6.5) check all Services from vCenter Server ... and i see the Server "Inventory Service" not start.

In the Pre Installation Process ...we have to set the Services to "manual" -> vCenter ...

■VMware vSphere Profile-Drive Storage
■ vCenter Inventory Service
■ VMware VirtualCenter Management Webservices

after the Successful Installation i start VSphere Client and get an error message that Inventory Service is not running.

In system service manager following services are still set to manual startup BUT NOT RUNNING:

■VMware vSphere Profile-Drive Storage
■ vCenter Inventory Service
■ VMware VirtualCenter Management Webservices

Also in the heartbeat console ... under Applications/Services the Services "Inventory Service" / "Management Webservices" and "Profile-Drive Storage"

are not yet listed or I can't found them for adding to the Service control plan.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JimKnopf99
Commander
Commander

Hi,

i am not sure why, but you could add the service manually by clicking the "add" tab under "services".

Did you check that?

Frank

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
JimKnopf99
Commander
Commander

This is the sequence for the services in our environment.

Unbenannt.PNG

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
dmihaescu
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Try starting the services manually from SCM and the run a Protected Service discovery task from the vCSHB management client. vCSHB will add the 3 services to the protected set after this.

Setting the services to manual applies only for vSphere 5.0

0 Kudos
BlackACE
Contributor
Contributor

Thx .. i have manually add these services ..now works fine !

0 Kudos