VMware Cloud Community
jslarouche
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VHB 6.4 WAN in Production? Anyone doing it?

Hey all,

Are many of you using vHeartbeat in Production in a WAN install? I've rolled this product out into our development environment and i am finding the product to be a little flaky/buggy.. With nics setting their settings to 169. IP when i reboot servers and such. I have to monkey around a lot to get this to re-sync.. Are many of you using this product in production and are happy with it? Do you find it very stable?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MatthewShort
Contributor
Contributor

Hi There

I have setup this up in a WAN configuration (distance of about 500km).  vCenter server with Seperate SQL server, both instances vCenter and SQL are virtual machines.  All runs fine.  I just do not use auto-failover as stated in the guide for a WAN setup.  I have tested switchovers and switchbacks.   It has worked fine.  If you have any specific Setup questions, please feel free to ask.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hello Matthew,

I'm the Product Manager for vCSHB and would love to pass your best practices along to our techpub for consideration into a refreshed 6.5 Admin Guide (fall release). Is it possible we can see what you've learned, and what's lacking in the product documentation around WAN deployments?

Regards,

Donna Reineck

dreineck@vmware.com

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

The WAN deployment documentation have all be refreshed in the coming release. You'll find we don't recommend enabling automatic failover.  Good thing you didn't pay attention to the docs!  I don't have specific questions, I'm the Product Manager for Heartbeat, and I'm curious as to how many of our customers deploy LAN (vLAN local, and stretched), and WAN. Thanks!

0 Kudos