VMware Cloud Community
JimKnopf99
Commander
Commander

Installation HeartBeat

Hi,

i am currently begin to install vCenter Heartbeat. We wan´t to use one Server physical and one server as a vm.

I read in the document, that i have to use different  vSwitche if i use more than one nic. But for my VM´s i only have one vSwitch with a lot of portgroups (VLAN´s)

Am i able to use the software with that configuration? Because i cannot change that config.

What about the fact, that i have to use similar CPU if i want to install physical to virtual environment?

What is similar means? I am using HP DL 380 G5 for the physical one and for the vm we are using DL 380 G6 Servers.

If i read similar, then i guess this does not work. Does anyone have an other experience?

Frank

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
1 Reply
dmihaescu
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Using the same vSwitch for both channel and public NIC will give you a single point of failure. That's why it is recommended to have a separate switch.

Regarding the CPU differences, your install should work fine after you create the VM using the Converter..