VMware Cloud Community
reezie201110141
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Heartbeat Plug-in is Disabled

So I noticed that the Heartbeat Plug-in is disabled.  Does that mean that the Heartbeat Server is not functioning?   I am still looking through the Admin Guide also.  Thanks for the help!  Reezie

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
radio
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You're talking about the heartbeat plugin inside the vCenter Client? You don't need that, HB will work without. It just gives you a very basic view about the HB status. I rarely use it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
dmihaescu
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Did you do a clean install or an upgrade?

Did you accept the certificate for the Heartbeat plugin?

0 Kudos
reezie201110141
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

It was already installed by someone else.  I am just trying to understand why the plug-in is disabled.

0 Kudos
dmihaescu
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

What happens if you enable it?

Also, check VMW KB 1014435 if an upgrade was performed, the part with "Upgarding to vCenter Heartbeat 6.4" http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=101443...

reezie201110141
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

When I try to enable the plugin, I get "Unable to connect to the remote server".    I was able to get it to enable in one of my environments by just launching the "Configure Server" but it did not work for the other one.    

0 Kudos
radio
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You're talking about the heartbeat plugin inside the vCenter Client? You don't need that, HB will work without. It just gives you a very basic view about the HB status. I rarely use it.

0 Kudos
reezie201110141
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

radio,

Yes that is correct and I eventually figured that one out.  Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos