VMware Cloud Community
edxtz2012
Contributor
Contributor

Failure to perform "failback" in the Heartbeat

Hello all ,

i'min trouble and need you hellp, have the vCenter Server Heartbeat installed in environment VpV, if a failure occurs both operating systemor network it performs failover and secondary VM takes, but when that failed Vm returns an error occurs, if it was a failure of operating system but it returns Heartbeat does not start, it was a network failure occurs a conflict of ip and Heartbeat of the two to function, in the 'failback' does not enable anything to configure.

Can anyone help me.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JackyWoo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Can we assume that before any outages, that failover and failback works?

Secondly, is your SQL DB with the same vCenter VM or it's a seperate VM with SQL DB instances?

Thirdly, can 1. Heartbeat Channel / Private Channel ping one another?

2. Is your VM residing on different hardware? (e.g. Different Blades on Different Chassis OR Different Blade on SAME Chassis etc)

0 Kudos
edxtz2012
Contributor
Contributor

The failover works, the DB is in separate machine, I am only the vCenter monitoring, has two dedicated channels and they communicate, and VM are compatible hardware (equal).

Thanks.

0 Kudos
edxtz2012
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for you help, but after some studying, I realized that the Heartbeat not perform the failback automatic, is need human intervention.

0 Kudos