VMware Cloud Community
marcotttt
Contributor
Contributor

where is vcsa licensed ?

Hi all,

i'm looking to vcsa dowload link but i can find ony in evaluation software. Where is the "normal" path to download ?

sorry if a stupid question but i cannot find it.

bye

marco

0 Kudos
6 Replies
NickMarshall9
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Marco,

Assuming you're talking about the Virtual Center Server Appliance (and not the Storage Appliance), it's the same as the regular vCenter licensing.

In the vSphere client connected to the appliance, go to the "administration" menu up the top of the window, then select "vCenter Server Settings"

When you purchase a license you get a key which is placed in here. The download link is no different as vCenter is in a 60-day trial if no key is entered.

Cheers,

Book - Mastering VMware vSphere 5.5 Blog - LabGuides.com & NickMarshall.com.au Podcast - vBrownBag.com
0 Kudos
marcotttt
Contributor
Contributor

yes sorry i mean virtual center server appliance

i'm looking to download the vcsa. Is only in evaluation page? i'm looking in the licensed virtualcenter download page but i cannot find it.

not a problem, downloading evaluation the insert serial but a strange condition.

is correct ?

thanks

0 Kudos
NickMarshall9
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

Yes that will work fine. You should have access to part of VMware's website that allows you to download all the software you're licensed for, but if you can't find that, yes the trail with your key will work exactly the same. Smiley Happy

Cheers

Book - Mastering VMware vSphere 5.5 Blog - LabGuides.com & NickMarshall.com.au Podcast - vBrownBag.com
marcotttt
Contributor
Contributor

thank you, i suspect it.

i think vmware don't love vcsa.....

bye

marco

0 Kudos
keiooz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Does it not depend on what type of subscription you signed or registered for in order for you to download what your money pays for?

0 Kudos
marcotttt
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry keiooz i not understand

i have some customers, for example now i'm into a company who has vmware essential plus. If i go in download vcenter, there is some type and version of vmware virtual center but the appliance there is not.

I need to create a false email, sign in as evaluation (because evaluation email has 60 day time to download), download a vcsa trial package, install it then i setup the correct license. It's ok and work but is strange i must do this everytime i need vcsa.

Marco

0 Kudos