VMware Cloud Community
rmustafa
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

what is the best hisrarchy for our datacenter ??????

Hi Frienz,

What is the best hierarchy for our datacenter ??????, like DVM or department wise different OS wise ????

Any best plan you have thenplease share with me.

Regards,

Rashid

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TAFVMWare
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Rashid,

The answer to your question depends on what your organization does and how you intend to use ESX. I work for a large school district and I've broken down our Datacenter heirarchy based on the fact we have 3 physical datacenters. All three are controlled from Virtual Center. Below these I've created pools for our desktops and servers. Beneath our desktops folder there is a folder for each school. Inside this folder the desktops are organized by staff and student. This heirarchy along with our VM naming convention helps us keep track of the hundreds of VMs we have running in our datacenters.

To summerize, the way you organize your folders in VC is completely up to you but choosing a method that makes sense to everyone is key.

Ty

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
NWhiley
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You need to provide some info with your question.

Neil VCP
0 Kudos
TAFVMWare
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Rashid,

The answer to your question depends on what your organization does and how you intend to use ESX. I work for a large school district and I've broken down our Datacenter heirarchy based on the fact we have 3 physical datacenters. All three are controlled from Virtual Center. Below these I've created pools for our desktops and servers. Beneath our desktops folder there is a folder for each school. Inside this folder the desktops are organized by staff and student. This heirarchy along with our VM naming convention helps us keep track of the hundreds of VMs we have running in our datacenters.

To summerize, the way you organize your folders in VC is completely up to you but choosing a method that makes sense to everyone is key.

Ty

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

As Ty indicated ot really depends on your organizational structure - because the permissions/control you assign should follow your organizational structure

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful