VMware Cloud Community
notasmartman
Contributor
Contributor

vsphere web client (white page) problem

Hello, i installed vCSA 6.5 on ESXi 6.5 host, but when i try to login edge opens the login window and after entering credentials white screen?! Same problem with other browsers, tried all solutions i stumbled upon, so no ad blocker, flash enabled, clear cache, reset browser....but when i try to log to ESXi it works just fine, feels like im missing something stupid. Any help is appreciated

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alex_Romeo
Leadership
Leadership

Hi,

try this solution, it seems excellent for your case:

Access vSphere Web client blank page in Chrome - zyraxtech

VMWare Vsphere web client is now the default access method after VMware has stopped desktop client to be able to access the VMWare ecosystem.
From Version 6.5 onward VMWare has made the webclient as default access method for managing the system. I deployed VSphere center to manage my lab ESXi environment. I faced a “blank white screen page” after I entered my credentials. After doing some look it seems that there is default method of access at registry level which causes this.
I made following changes:
Verify that the String (Default) value of the “HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT \.html” key is “htmlfile”

Select Start > Run.
In the Open box, type regedit, and then select OK.
Locate, and then click the following registry subkey:HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT \.html
Make sure that the value of the String (Default) is “htmlfile”. If it’s not “htmlfile”, right-click (Default), select Modify, input htmlfile in the Value data box, and then select OK.

ARomeo

Blog: https://www.aleadmin.it/
0 Kudos
vmware_subha
Contributor
Contributor

I have verified the mentioned Registry value, but still it is showing blank screen page after putting the credential.

0 Kudos
navina
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Are you trying to access the Web Client or the H5 Client?

Regards,
Navin A
0 Kudos