VMware Cloud Community
Jay2907
Contributor
Contributor

vshpere client could not connect to "Vcenter". You do not have permissions to login to the server, although web client working fine

My vmware webclient is working absolutely fine , but vi client is throwing error that i do not have permissions to login. Not only this, i can not login to any of the hosts individually using my domain credentials. Although i tried to connect host via root credentials and its working fine. From that i sense no issues with VI client.

VI Client issue.jpg

But unable to catch missing part that why i am UNABLE to login to vcenter with my domain credentials using VI client.. But CAN LOGIN on vshpere web client using same domain credentials. If i am right, web-client using API integration only but works on same fundamental as vi client do. Am i missing anything here?

Please suggest, as this would be helpful to understand gap so that i can fix viclient issue.

I dont have vsphere.local credentials of environment. Somehow its lost.

Secondly, in vsphere web client roles field is showing blank.

webclient.jpg

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jay2907
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Everyone

It would be really helpful if someone help to figure out problem here.

0 Kudos
ubhatti1985
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Are you able to drop down the list where it says Roles Provider? Your vCenter Server should appears here.

Also have you checked the Services are running on the vCenter server. May be worth giving it a reboot and check the VPXD logs

C:\ProgramData\VMware\VMware VirtualCenter\Logs

Thanks

Umar

0 Kudos