VMware Cloud Community
MorDrakka
Contributor
Contributor

vmwarelm.exe HIGH CPU usage

Hi all,

I have had this issue for a long time and do not know what to do about it. I am running two Virtual Centers (currently U4, but we had this issue from U2). Both VC's have a license server which is a Virtual machine. So to clarify the license servers run on a different machine than the Virtual Centers. The license servers also run IIS for some webapp.Both license servers are in another datecenter.

The issue is that the vmwarelm.exe sometimes is using 100% CPU time, thus making the VM almost unresponsive. The workaround is to restart the VMware license server service, it will then work for about 1-2 days.Both license servers serve about 48 ESX servers, both license servers have been reïnstalled. I am running out of ideas. Anyone has seen this before?

I googled somewhat found this in google cache, it just contains the workaround: http://74.125.77.132/search?q=cache:ir5pUHPig3wJ:communities.vmware.com/message/912199%3Bjsessionid%...vmwarelm.exe%2B+CPU&cd=2&hl=nl&ct=clnk&gl=nl&client=firefox-a

Any help is appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
williambishop
Expert
Expert

Same issue here, along with a couple of others...Support was clueless.

Ita feri ut se mori sentiat

--"Non Temetis Messor."
0 Kudos