VMware Cloud Community
BSRKrishna
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

virtual center server service stops automatically

Hi 2 All,

virtual center server service stops automatically plz find the event id and log file

Event Type: Error

Event Source: Service Control Manager

Event Category: None

Event ID: 7031

Date: 7/27/2010

Time: 11:48:53 PM

User: N/A

Computer: VSC001

Description:

The VMware VirtualCenter Server service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 300000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

If any knows the solutions for this plz share the info and how to anylize the VPXD.log

Thanks & Regards,

BSR Krishna

Thanks & Regards, BSR Krishna If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
11 Replies
rebootuser
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Has anything altered recently had could have had an adverse effect on the service, i.e. upgrades, new software install, sql server updates? Have you also checked the services.msc to make sure that the vc service is set to automatically restart after a failure?

My Blog: http://rebootuser.com If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points.
0 Kudos
BSRKrishna
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

HI Rebootuser,

Thanks for u r info ...

Not installed any new software and no upgrades.

VC service status is set as automatically .

Let me know is there any thing i missed out.

Thanks & Regards,

BSR Krishna

Thanks & Regards, BSR Krishna If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
BSRKrishna
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

HI Rebootuser,

Thanks for u r info ...

Not installed any new software and no upgrades.

VC service status is set as automatically .

Let me know is there any thing i missed out.

Thanks & Regards,

BSR Krishna

0 Kudos
f10
Expert
Expert

The logs uploaded are from 2010-07-28 00:27:45.861 to 2010-07-28 00:27:47 can you tell what time the service stopped automatically ? or may be upload another set of logs and let us know when the issue was reported.

f10

VCP3,VCP4,HP UX CSA

Regards, Arun Pandey VCP 3,4,5 | VCAP-DCA | NCDA | HPUX-CSA | http://highoncloud.blogspot.in/ If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".
0 Kudos
rebootuser
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi BSR

This error generally indicates that the VC service is started before the SQL server service begins.

Does this error generally occur after a reboot etc? Perhaps it's worth checking to see if there are any issues with the SQL service as that could cause the VC errors you're seeing.

It's also worth to set the recovery section of the services to 1st failure, 2nd failure restart service etc.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

My Blog: http://rebootuser.com If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points.
0 Kudos
BSRKrishna
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

HI F10,

vc service stoped by the following time .. it was stoped autmatically this duration 010-07-28 00:27:45.861 to 2010-07-28 00:27:47.

may i know what is mini dump .. as i saw that mini dump unable ........................

Thanks & Regards,

BSR Krishna

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

As a follow-up to rebootuser's latest post, read http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1007669 (VMware VirtualCenter Server service does not start automatically after reboot).

André

0 Kudos
pcerda
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi,

I have saw this error a couple of times, and this is an error tipically related to Database. If you use SQL Server, check whether the transaction log file of the database is full or the database service itself is running.

In order to avoid this behavior, the database transaction log must be backuped periodically.

Regards / Saludos

-

Patricio Cerda !http://www.images.wisestamp.com/linkedin.png!

VMware VCP-410

Join to Virtualizacion en Español group in Likedin

See My Blog

See My Linkedin Profile

-

Si encuentras que esta o cualquier otra respuesta ha sido de utilidad, vótalas. Gracias.

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer helpful or correct. Thank you.

Regards / Saludos - Patricio Cerda - vExpert 2011 / 2012 / 2013
0 Kudos
otep
Contributor
Contributor

If you are using vCenter ver 4.0 update 1, try to upgrade it to update 2.

0 Kudos
MJChmiel
Contributor
Contributor

Check to make sure the DSN still exists for the SQL connection. I had it vanish once before for no reason.

0 Kudos
SashaGrybyuk
Contributor
Contributor

Got simular issue. With no solid solution besides restarting the server. It reoccures with rendom intervals. Could be few hours or several days.

I hope that info below will give some clues.

Event log gives following error with Event ID: 1000

"The description for Event ID ( 1000 ) in Source ( VMware VirtualCenter Server ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: An unrecoverable problem has occurred, stopping the VMware VirtualCenter service. Error: Error[VdbODBCError] (-1) "ODBC error: (42000) - [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]The transaction log for database 'VIM_VCDB' is full. To find out why space in the log cannot be reused, see the log_reuse_wait_desc column in sys.databases" is returned when executing SQL statement "UPDATE VPX_VM WITH (ROWLOCK) SET SUSPEND_TIME = ? , BOOT_TIME = ? , SUSPEND_INTERVAL = ? , QUESTION_INFO = ? , MEMORY_OVERHEAD = ? , TOOLS_MOUNTED = ? , MKS_CONNECTIONS = ? , ONLINE_STANDBY = ? , FAULT_TOLERANCE_STATE = ? , RECORD_REPLAY_STATE = ? "

Regards,

Sash

0 Kudos