VMware Cloud Community
Howiedog
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vcsa6.5 networks

just fired this appliance up to take a look. have attached one host, but host is still at 6.0.0,5572656

looking at "Network"'s, it show the three that I already had on Standard Sw.

How do I add another one?? I see no place to do this at all.

I have logged into ui web interface, it shows my 3 networks, I hit ACTION, only thing avail is "Distributed Switch > New Distributed Port Group"

i CANNOT add a Distributed, because I am not licensed for them

i have logged into the other Monitoring web portal too and see zippo in there either.

i have also used the OLD Flash login, nothing there either.

So...does 6.5 Appliance NOT support Standard switches or what??

I googled this...there is nothing that I have found to clarify this.

Please help I need to get this working today. Do I need to update my host to same level before I would be presented with this option to add another Network?

Tks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WDGNet
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hey Howiedog-

Standard switches are created on the hosts, not the VCSA.  If you click on an ESX host>Configure>Virtual Switches and then click the little globe icon "Add Host Networking", you will be able to add a standard switch.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
WDGNet
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hey Howiedog-

Standard switches are created on the hosts, not the VCSA.  If you click on an ESX host>Configure>Virtual Switches and then click the little globe icon "Add Host Networking", you will be able to add a standard switch.

0 Kudos
Howiedog
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yup...sorry. hand a brain lapse then had a "moment" and realized the error of my ways. all working and was coming back mention that.

Friday..what can I say. i apologize.

Tks

0 Kudos