VMware Cloud Community
MollyF
Contributor
Contributor

vcsa 6.5 installation stage2 error

Hi

I am seeing the following error when installing vcsa during Stage 2.  I believe the vmware-stsd service is failing to start because a dependent service is not reachable.   Anyone seen this?  Know a fix?   I bumped the vCPUs to from 2 to 6 and memory from 10GB to 20GB to try to get the install to speed up.

Error

Encountered an internal error. Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/vmidentity/firstboot/vmidentity-firstboot.py", line 1906, in main vmidentityFB.boot() File "/usr/lib/vmidentity/firstboot/vmidentity-firstboot.py", line 354, in boot self.configureSTS(self.__stsRetryCount, self.__stsRetryInterval) File "/usr/lib/vmidentity/firstboot/vmidentity-firstboot.py", line 1345, in configureSTS self.startSTSService() File "/usr/lib/vmidentity/firstboot/vmidentity-firstboot.py", line 1061, in startSTSService returnCode = self.startService(self.__sts_service_name, self.__stsRetryCount * self.__stsRetryInterval) File "/usr/lib/vmidentity/firstboot/vmidentity-firstboot.py", line 88, in startService return service_start(svc_name, wait_time) File "/usr/lib/vmware/site-packages/cis/utils.py", line 800, in service_start raise ServiceStartException(svc_name) ServiceStartException: { "resolution": null, "detail": [ { "args": [ "vmware-stsd" ], "id": "install.ciscommon.service.failstart", "localized": "An error occurred while starting service 'vmware-stsd'", "translatable": "An error occurred while starting service '%(0)s'" } ], "componentKey": null, "problemId": null }

Resolution

This is an unrecoverable error, please retry install. If you encounter this error again, please search for these symptoms in the VMware Knowledge Base for any known issues and possible resolutions. If none can be found, collect a support bundle and open a support request.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
TheSleepyAdmin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi MollyF

There is a VMware KB with the same error and it could be relate to a DNS issue. see below 

"Encountered an internal error" while upgrading VCSA to newer major version (2148950) (vmware.com)

0 Kudos