VMware Cloud Community
vinny95
Contributor
Contributor

vcenters 6 in enhanced linked mode - web client has empty inventory if no global permission ?

Hi,

i have 2 vcenters 6 u1, with external PSC connected to the same SSO domain.

I want some users to be able to see all vcenters thru the ELM, and some customers to be sticked to only one vcenter.

With c# & web client using administrator login, I can see my 2 vcenters inventory, so ELM is working fine.

I have created a customer account with a vcenter role assigned directly to one vcenter.

When I log in thru the c# client directly to the vcenter it works.

When I log in thru the web client, I see "empty inventory".

I tested a few things and it seems like it s caused by the lack of a global permission (?). But I do not want to set this user a global permission,

Have you some clue on this ?

regards,

vinny

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Viewaskew
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Vinny,

I've the same setup as you and am having the exact same issue also as yourself. Far as I can tell so far it's related to using AD authenticated users. My vCenters are 100% clean builds with no hosts yet and was working before I upgraded from the initial build (6.0) to 6.0U1.

If I crack it I'll let you know.

Rosco

0 Kudos
paradise1967
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Had the same issue. Changed identity source from Active Directory (Integrated Windows Authentication) to Active Directory as a LDAP Server and user can see inventory in Web Client.

Seems there is a bug that support are aware of.

Probelm we have though is that PSC replication is still not working.

Check this by running  vdcrepadmin -f showpartnerstatus -h localhost -u administrator -w Administrator_Password

Kevin

0 Kudos
greco827
Expert
Expert

Vinny, you have two VCSA's and a single external PSC, or two external PSC's?

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful https://communities.vmware.com/people/greco827/blog
0 Kudos