VMware Cloud Community
ferexderta
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vcenter user delete

I want to delete user on vcenter but I cant. I cant see delete and delete is gray out. am I doing a wrong operation?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
amohammadimir
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Here you can not delete users but you can remove permission (because these permissions are defined in Global Permission cannot be removed from here so that's why remove button is grayed out)

In order to delete users/groups:

Click Home, and navigate to Administration > Single Sign-On > Users and Groups. Select User tab and domain.

In the list of users, select the user that you want to delete and click the Delete icon.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
0 Kudos
ferexderta
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

sorry, i cant find delete icon ?

0 Kudos
amohammadimir
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
ferexderta
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

still gray out. i login with ad user but cant delete ad users .

0 Kudos
amohammadimir
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

You can delete users that are in the vsphere.local domain from a vCenter Single Sign-On management interface. You cannot delete local operating system users or users in another domain from a vCenter Single Sign-On management interface.

0 Kudos
ferexderta
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

What should I do to delete it ?. There are too many name AD users on this screen and they are login on vcenter so I want to delete some users from this screen. for example a user left the job and we want to delete his AD user on vcenter.

0 Kudos
amohammadimir
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

If you wish to delete AD users you need to do delete them from your domain controllers. but if you want to revoke their access to the vCenter Server you need to remove their permission.

0 Kudos
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion

Since you havent CREATE the AD users on vCenter so there is no reason to DELETE AD users on vCenter. You just have to remove the permissons.

They delete function will be work for users you have create on vCenter within the SSO domains like vpshere.local for example.

Regards,
Joerg

0 Kudos