VMware Cloud Community
fusionit
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vcenter server Slow new issue

Hello Everyone,

I'm running vcenter server on windows 2008 I have a single vsphere cluster configured with 3 hosts and about 35 Servers. The vcenter server has 8GB of ram and a dual core 3.0 Ghz proc. After doing my last round of updates to my esx hosts (may be related may not be) my vcenter server now takes 2-3 minutes to power on, power off, or edit settings on any of my VMs. Also Vmotion now takes many many minutes to complete where before it happened in 30-45 seconds. I haven't changed anything network wise and my cluster is setup for HA and DRS. My VM data stores are on a iSCSI SAN with dedicated Gigabit networking between the hosts and the SAN. Again I didn't change any physical infrastrucutre or hardware all I did was update my vSphere hosts. Is anyone else experiencing this slowness or have any ideas where I can start looking to troubleshoot it. Thank you in advance.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

Which datasase are you using?

Could you please restart all VC services?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

If possible, could you please attach VC logs?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

Do you have NIC teaming done for your ESX servers? If yes, could you please reconfigure that? I am not sure why this happens but on my setup, I had this problem once and after reconfiguring NICs, things started working very well.

Also please make sure that tools and hardware is also upgraded on all the VMs.

Hope this helps

-Sandeep

0 Kudos
Tanav
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

please send us VC logs

0 Kudos
Tanav
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

please send us VC logs

0 Kudos
Tanav
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

please send us VC logs

0 Kudos
fusionit
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

hte log support pack is 330MB which particular log file are you looking for? and I will upload that one.

0 Kudos
Tanav
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

please send us VC logs

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

Which database are you using for VC?

Also, pls upload the latest vpxd.log file. It is located at: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\VMware (for 32-bit OS)

Thanks.

0 Kudos