VMware Cloud Community
Thushyaa
Contributor
Contributor

vcenter redundancy or standby solution.

Hi All,

I am looking for some best practice and a workable vcenter redundancy setup / or standby solution.

for now, i have placed my vcener in one of the host and put it in the HA cluster, i created vcenter in vm for DR and recovery easy purpose, please give me your thought here and if you have some experience positive / negative more than welcome Smiley Happy

this vCenter will manage less than 50 vms and 6 hosts.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Where is the vCenter database? - This is the critical component as this where are the information about your environemnt is stored -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
Thushyaa
Contributor
Contributor

vcenter and the database are residing in the same computer, i have a schedule on the server which takes the backup of vcener db every 15 mins, the datastore is located in a volume that is protected against disk failures and node failure, a copy also getting shipped to a remote location in a daily basis.

my concern is data corruption, updates and human errors, in case of site failure, the remote site is ready to take new inventory from replicated volumes with an existing vcenter, the remote sites are working independently but the vcenters are in linked mode between site.

thx

0 Kudos