VMware Cloud Community
sadom
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vcenter not working

vcenter 6.5 u2 is not starting . Also I restored from backup ( 15 days ago ) but I get the same error again.

Successfully started service vmware-psc-client

Service-control failed. Error Failed to start vmon services.vmon-cli RC=2, stderr=Failed to start sca, cm services. Error: Service crashed while starting

root@photon-machine [ ~ ]# service-control –status

Service-control failed. Error Exactly one operation must be specified.

root@photon-machine [ ~ ]#

503 Service Unavailable (Failed to connect to endpoint: [N7Vmacore4Http20NamedPipeServiceSpecE:0x000055dcd9b8e220] _serverNamespace = / action = Allow _pipeName =/var/run/vmware/vpxd-webserver-pipe)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nirmalgnair
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi @sadom,

As per the logs seems like certificates are expired.

Caused by: java.security.cert.CertificateExpiredException: NotAfter: Mon Jun 01 05:56:21 EET 2020

Kindly follow the below VMware KB. Make sure that you take a SNAPSHOT of the VCSA before proceeding with the steps.

VMware Knowledge Base

After running the above script, if the services fails, kindly check the machine SSL certificate as well for expiry. If expired, you need to replace the Machine SSL as well.

VMware Knowledge Base

Regards,

Nirmal Nair

View solution in original post

7 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

If your machine is coming up with the host name as photon-machine, it wasn't properly set up from the beginning (more than likely). For break/fix issues such as these, you should open a support request with VMware.

0 Kudos
sadom
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Do not have any control or suggestions before calling the support ?

0 Kudos
Ajay1988
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Failed to start vmon services.vmon-cli RC=2, stderr=Failed to start sca, cm services. Error: Service crashed while starting.

Start looking at cm.log(var/log/vmware/cm) for possible reasons.

If you think your queries have been answered
Mark this response as "Correct" or "Helpful".

Regards,
AJ
0 Kudos
sadom
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

[ ~ ]# cat /var/log/vmware/cm/cm.log  The output of the command is attached . i hope its helps . I think I could not copy all of the output, I think the command might be wrong

0 Kudos
nirmalgnair
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi @sadom,

As per the logs seems like certificates are expired.

Caused by: java.security.cert.CertificateExpiredException: NotAfter: Mon Jun 01 05:56:21 EET 2020

Kindly follow the below VMware KB. Make sure that you take a SNAPSHOT of the VCSA before proceeding with the steps.

VMware Knowledge Base

After running the above script, if the services fails, kindly check the machine SSL certificate as well for expiry. If expired, you need to replace the Machine SSL as well.

VMware Knowledge Base

Regards,

Nirmal Nair

sadom
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

thank you very much. it fixed the my problem

lamttf2
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution