VMware Cloud Community
RWEQRWQ
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vcenter does not start.

vcenter is linked to Horizon.

The certificate of vcenter was expired yesterday.

someone rebooted vcenter and vcenter does not start.

Today I used option 8 of the vsphere certificate manager.

but vcenter not start.

i found the log

[Thread-9  WARN  com.vmware.cis.server.util.impl.InitPoolTask  opId=] Init pool encountered exception: com.vmware.cis.server.util.exception.VpxdClientException at attempt

[Thread-9  WARN  com.vmware.cis.server.util.impl.InitPoolTask  opId=] Init pool encountered exception: com.vmware.cis.server.util.exception.VpxdClientException at attempt

this log repeated

and i did that all service start and stop.

what's problem?

please help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RWEQRWQ
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

i solved the problem

My cause is sts certificate.

(sts: https://docs.vmware.com/kr/VMware-vSphere/6.7/com.vmware.psc.doc/GUID-18482A49-F9F8-4755-9113-3ADBAF...)

silimilar log

2020-05-11T12:43:37.700+02:00 [Thread-9  ERROR com.vmware.vim.sso.client.impl.SecurityTokenServiceImpl$RequestResponseProcessor  opId=] Server rejected the provided time range. Cause:ns0:InvalidTimeRange: The token authority rejected an issue request for TimePeriod

[startTime=Mon May 11 12:43:37 CEST 2020, endTime=Tue May 12 12:43:37 CEST 2020] :: Signing certificate is not valid at Mon May 11 12:43:37 CEST 2020, cert validity: TimePeriod

[startTime=Mon May 07 19:18:01 CEST 2018, endTime=Wed May 06 19:18:01 CEST 2020]

2020-05-11T12:43:37.700+02:00 [Thread-9  WARN  com.vmware.cis.server.util.impl.InitPoolTask  opId=] Init pool encountered exception: com.vmware.cis.server.util.exception.VpxdClientException at attempt 18

web page.

vcenter 503 service unavailable (failed to connect to endpoint : [N7macore4Http20NamedPipedServiceSpecE:0X0000556c7c47f950]

_serverNamespace= / action = allow _pipeName= /var/run/vmware/vpxd-webserver-pipe)

so i update sts certificate

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/76719

i accessed the vcenter psc vm by winscp

https://www.johnborhek.com/vmware/vmware-vsphere/vmware-vcenter/using-winscp-vmware-vcenter-server-a...

upload fixsts.sh

chmod +x fixsts.sh

use ./fixsts.sh

first vcenter psc vm  all service restart

service-control --stop --all

service-control --start --all

second vcenter applience vm all service restart

/usr/lib/vmware-vmca/bin/certificate-manager

i  used option 8.

finally! start vCenter!!!

I hope it helps others, too.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

At this point you should probably open a support request with GSS if this is a production down situation.

0 Kudos
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hey RWEQRWQ,

First of all if you have an external deployment with PSC in another machine i would recommend to shutdown vCenter, restart PSC and power on vCenter again.

If that is not the case could you please show us what you can see on /var/log/vpxd.log?

0 Kudos
RWEQRWQ
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

sorry i can't upload you the log

there are vcenter in intranet

vcenter login page show me

"503 service unavailable (failed to connect to endpoint : N7Vmacore4Http20NamedPipeServiceSpecE:0x00005594b154b280]

_serverNamespace = / action = allow _pipeName - /var/run/vmware/vpxd-webserver-pipe)

i can't copy the log

so i'm looking for how to get log file.

0 Kudos
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Basically you are facing that issue because you have services down. Without the logs it is hard to know what issue are you facing.

I do not want the whole logs i just want you to provide the errors of that service so maybe we can point you to a useful KB or to the solution if somebody faced the same issue.

0 Kudos
RajeevVCP4
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Do you have external PSC or Embedded ?

Rajeev Chauhan
VCIX-DCV6.5/VSAN/VXRAIL
Please mark help full or correct if my answer is use full for you
0 Kudos
NicolasAlauzet
Jump to solution

Check DNS resolution in the vCenter and PSC.

Check if your disk have free space.

Reboot both, psc and vCenter after you check that.

Again, as the guys are saying, without logs we are limited to guessing.

Also, as mentioned open the ticket with support asap

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Triple VCIX (CMA-NV-DCV) | vExpert | MCSE | CCNA
0 Kudos
RWEQRWQ
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

i solved the problem

My cause is sts certificate.

(sts: https://docs.vmware.com/kr/VMware-vSphere/6.7/com.vmware.psc.doc/GUID-18482A49-F9F8-4755-9113-3ADBAF...)

silimilar log

2020-05-11T12:43:37.700+02:00 [Thread-9  ERROR com.vmware.vim.sso.client.impl.SecurityTokenServiceImpl$RequestResponseProcessor  opId=] Server rejected the provided time range. Cause:ns0:InvalidTimeRange: The token authority rejected an issue request for TimePeriod

[startTime=Mon May 11 12:43:37 CEST 2020, endTime=Tue May 12 12:43:37 CEST 2020] :: Signing certificate is not valid at Mon May 11 12:43:37 CEST 2020, cert validity: TimePeriod

[startTime=Mon May 07 19:18:01 CEST 2018, endTime=Wed May 06 19:18:01 CEST 2020]

2020-05-11T12:43:37.700+02:00 [Thread-9  WARN  com.vmware.cis.server.util.impl.InitPoolTask  opId=] Init pool encountered exception: com.vmware.cis.server.util.exception.VpxdClientException at attempt 18

web page.

vcenter 503 service unavailable (failed to connect to endpoint : [N7macore4Http20NamedPipedServiceSpecE:0X0000556c7c47f950]

_serverNamespace= / action = allow _pipeName= /var/run/vmware/vpxd-webserver-pipe)

so i update sts certificate

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/76719

i accessed the vcenter psc vm by winscp

https://www.johnborhek.com/vmware/vmware-vsphere/vmware-vcenter/using-winscp-vmware-vcenter-server-a...

upload fixsts.sh

chmod +x fixsts.sh

use ./fixsts.sh

first vcenter psc vm  all service restart

second vcenter applience vm all service restart

/usr/lib/vmware-vmca/bin/certificate-manager

i  used option 8.

finally! start vCenter!!!