VMware Cloud Community
virtualfish321
Contributor
Contributor

vcenter ca cert issuer not matching client cert

I have a vcenter 5.5 appliance I'm running, and I'm trying to use the builtin certificates and have them trusted on my client for the web client access (and xendesktop later on).  I've gotten the .pem file downloaded from the server from /etc/vmware-vsphere-client/SerenityDB/keys/vsphere-client-ca-cert.pem.  Renamed the pen file to a .cer file and imported it into the Trusted Root Certification Authorities store.

When I then go to the website for the vcenter server, it still prompts me with the certificate error.  When I look at the certificate I imported, it shows it's issued by vcenter01-lx.blah.blah CA 62798610.

Screen Shot 2016-02-17 at 4.56.14 PM.png

When I look at the certificate I get from the web browser when I go to the vcenter web page, that certificate says it's issued by vcenter01-lx.blah.blah CA e6ec1cb0.  I'm assuming that's hex, so when I convert that to decimal I get 3874233520 which isn't the same value as the other certificate.

Screen Shot 2016-02-17 at 5.01.24 PM.png

What gives?  Why would this be different?  What can I do to get this ca cert to be trusted on my client?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
0 Replies