VMware Cloud Community
digerati646
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vcenter 6 appliance, very slow until a vmotion

I have a smaller environment and decided to use the vcenter appliance there.  Thought it was a great then I started to notice poor performance on the vcenter appliance, basically you can login but it takes a very long time to actually get logged in and most of the time it just hangs. (or I am too impatient)  When I vmotion the vcenter server itself, the login time is nearly instant and much faster.  Does anyone have a clue what this might be or what else I should be checking? Perhaps a bug in the appliance?  I am on version 6.0.0.  Its slow in both the web client and the full client.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RyanH84
Expert
Expert

Hi,

I run a nested lab and haven't come across these performance issues. The appliance when first started can take a little while to boot up and start all services but we are talking a minute or two rather than long periods of time.

What hosts/hardware is your vCSA running on?

Have you got it configured with the necessary hardware requirements for your deployment?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Regards, Ryan vExpert, VCP5, VCAP5-DCA, MCITP, VCE-CIAE, NPP4 @vRyanH http://vRyan.co.uk
0 Kudos