VMware Cloud Community
zhjian251
Contributor
Contributor

vcenter 6.7 update to 7.0 Pre-upgrade check result is time out

I upgrade vcneter 6.7u3b to 7.0u2b,use GUI method in Winodws 2016 clent. The first stage which is deploay a new vcenter is success, but pre-upgrade check result is error from second update stage. The system remind resolution is extend defalut timeout,include UPGRADE_EXPORT_TIMEOUT and UPGRADE_IMPORT_TIMEOUT.

How to modify those environment variable?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Ajay1988
Expert
Expert

R u migrating from 6.7 Windows to VCSA 7.0 ?

If yes please share  pgpass.conf   from    C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\postgresql\pgpass.conf

Default time out is 900seconds and increasing it will not help as it would have failed due t o some other reason.

If you think your queries have been answered
Mark this response as "Correct" or "Helpful".

Regards,
AJ
0 Kudos
zhjian251
Contributor
Contributor

I mount vmware-vcsa-all-7.0.2-17958471.iso in my windows server 2016 client computer, no postgresql\pgpass.conf in the path

0 Kudos
Ajay1988
Expert
Expert

So the source is Windows VC with postgres DB right??? If yes them pgpass.conf file is needed in that path

Follow   https://communities.vmware.com/t5/vCenter-Server-Discussions/vCenter-6-0-windows-to-vCenter-6-5-wind...

Regards,
AJ
0 Kudos
zhjian251
Contributor
Contributor

pre-upgrade check result error.jpeg

I have execute the following command,but it's useless

pre-upgrade check result error2.jpeg

0 Kudos
Ajay1988
Expert
Expert

Its useless because u r not taking time to read the complete details  . That update was never the solution..

Already I told this """Default time out is 900seconds and increasing it will not help as it would have failed due to some other reason."""

Ajay1988_0-1622792393733.png

Regards,
AJ
0 Kudos