VMware Cloud Community
eableson
Contributor
Contributor

vcbMounter leaving temp files

I have an interesting one here dealing with vcbMounter on the ESX command line and inconsistent behaviour. I have a little perl script that grabs a list of all of the virtual machines running and launches a vcbMounter command against them, one at a time.

The environment is strictly local storage, and I have assigned a 60Gb vmfs partition as the temporary directory (the leftover space on the OS disks) since I'm using the scp option to copy the files over to a disaster recovery server (also ESX) in another server room.

Every time that I run this script manually it works like a charm, cycling through all of the found machines and copying the temporary files over and deleting the temporary files once the scp is completed.

However, I have the script programmed to run nightly, and I'm running into a few problems where it leaves the temporary files behind, filling up the temp directory which causes subsequent backups to fail due to a lack of space.

The crontab contains all of the necessary paths, and it's not consistent in when it fails - it's not every night and it's not every VM. Has anyone run into vcbMounter leaving behind temp files in this manner?

0 Kudos
0 Replies