VMware Cloud Community
beckhamk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vc 2.5 u4 path

We just updated to vc u4, i know that u2 and now u4 was installed to: C:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure.

But in the C:\Program Files\VMware\ we have these folders which i believe are from an older install:

VMware Capacity Planner

VMware License Server

VMware VI Remote CLI

VMware Virtual Infrastructure Client 2.0

VMware VirtualCenter 2.0

is it safe to remove these folders?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

I would check your add/remove programs in the control panel. I don't know what the impact of simply removing folders would be. The 2.0 is stuff from the vCenter 2.0.x versions and if you have the client installed you should remove them.

If you are doing an upgrade, The Capacity Planner will be updated with new files but I don't believe it part of a component with the vCenter install. I think all you get for your options are vCenter Server, Client, VUM and converter. The License server update, will have to be run as a separate install by browsing the /vpx folder I believe. The install will ask you where your license are, but it won't update the software as part of the vCenter upgrade.

The CLI wa probably a seperate install from VIMA, so if you don't use it, you can remove it from add/remove programs as well.

hope this helps

0 Kudos