neyz
Contributor
Contributor

vSphere upgrade and Webservices service

Jump to solution

Hello everyone !

After upgrade to vsphere, it appears the webservices are not working

anymore. The service "VMWARE virtualcenter managment webservices" does

not start and ends with the error :

+"Le service VMware VirtualCenter Management Webservices s'est arrêté

avec l'erreur service particulière 0 (0x0)."+

I have tried to disable all the vmware related services and restart it

first and this is the error i get :

+"Le service VMware VirtualCenter Management Webservices dépend du

service VMware VirtualCenter Server qui n'a pas pu démarrer en raison

de l'erreur : Après démarrage, le service s'est arrêté dans un état

d'attente. "+

I have also tried to manually run*"C:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\tomcat\bin\Tomcat6.exe"

//RS//vctomcat*

with no success.

I am trying to install the hardware monitoring plugins and I think i

can't access the performance overview because of this so this problem

is quite annoying.

Did anyone encounter this problem when upgrading ?

Thanks !

Alex

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dmarti
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

I resolved this issue changing the maximum memory pool parameter from the tomcat configuration utility on the VMware programs group. Initially the parameter was at 1024 MB, but my server has a 2048 MB RAM, I changed to 512 MB and the services starts ...

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Ferran
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Alex,

I've the same problem with the update from vCenter 3.5 U4. Initially I think that the problem was the Composer service that I have installed in vCenter, because I think that use the same port "8443". I've installed the update without Composer installed in the VC server and the result is the same error with this service:

"El servicio VMware VirtualCenter Management Webservices terminó con el error específico de servicio 0 (0x0)."

Do you have some advance in the problem?

My vCenter is a VM.

Regards,

Ferran

0 Kudos
dmarti
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

I'm in the same situation, but in my case, I have a vSphere vCenter fresh installation. Also, when I try to logon to vCenter web Access, I get an 503 service unavailable error on my browser.

I don't know if the second problem is related to the first, but any help will be apprecied.

0 Kudos
dmarti
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

I resolved this issue changing the maximum memory pool parameter from the tomcat configuration utility on the VMware programs group. Initially the parameter was at 1024 MB, but my server has a 2048 MB RAM, I changed to 512 MB and the services starts ...

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
pgillet
Contributor
Contributor

J'ai eu le même problème après une installation tout fraiche de vCenter

Le service VMware VirtualCenter Management Webservices s'est arrêtéavec l'erreur service particulière 0 (0x0).Bizarrement, j'ai trouvé des erreurs concernant la mémoire dans les fichiers de Logs... En mettant à 512 Mb le MAximum memory Pool, ca marche !http://communities.vmware.com/message/1267839/!! Une autre valeur ne marcherait pas (jai mis 4 Gb de ram à ma machine virtuelle) I had the same problem with a fresh install of vCenter The VMware VirtualCenter Management Webservices stopped

with particular error 0 (0x0).

when you look in the Tomcat logs, you ll find an error about Memory

Try to put 512 Mb and it will work (my machine has 4 Gb of Ram)

VMware & Security addict
0 Kudos
neyz
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you dmarti, your solution worked for me too Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Ferran
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you dmarti, your solution worked for me too

0 Kudos
fbroussey
Contributor
Contributor

That works for me too, Thanks a lot for the answer !!!

Fred

0 Kudos
enus
Contributor
Contributor

I tried this fix but it is still stopping after about 20 seconds.

This is taken from my catalina log (C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\Infrastructure\tomcat\logs )

java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(PlainSocketImpl.java:359)

at java.net.ServerSocket.bind(ServerSocket.java:319)

at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:185)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.await(StandardServer.java:373)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.await(Catalina.java:630)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:590)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:288)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:413)

12/10/2009 08:55:44 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol pause

INFO: Pausing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8443

12/10/2009 08:55:45 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService stop

INFO: Stopping service Catalina

12/10/2009 08:55:55 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol destroy

INFO: Stopping Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-127.0.0.1-8080

12/10/2009 08:55:55 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol destroy

INFO: Stopping Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8443

Logged a support call and they gave me the folowing article

Changing the port to 8006 worked for me

0 Kudos
benbjamin24
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Had the same error, reinstalling Java runtime and configuring tomcat to point to the new instance worked for me.

Ben

VCP3, VCP 4

Ben VCP
0 Kudos
NetSourcing
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks dmarti, this fixed my issue

0 Kudos